Useful websites promoting Online Safety
- Parent Zone
- Childline – General information and advice for families, including safe ways to entertain your children while they are at home
- NSPCC – Need to talk? Free telephone number 0800 1111
- Kooth – Support and advice for keeping children safe
- YoungMinds – Free, safe online support for young people
- Stem4 – Mental health support including managing anxiety caused by Coronavirus
- Greenwich Social Services – telephone 02089213172 Out of hours 02088548888
- Bexley Social Services – telephone 02030455440 Out of hours 02083037777
CEOPS ‘Think U Know’
If you are worried about a child’s online safety please click on the link below for more information or to lodge a report: Thinkuknow
For further information regarding online safety please visit:
To kids, online life is real life. And, just like in real life, kids need help to stay safe online.
Share Aware is an NSPCC and O2 campaign to help parents have regular and informed conversations with their child about online safety. We’re aiming to get every family in the UK chatting about their kids’ online world, just like they would about their day at school.
We tell children that it’s good to share, but online it’s different and sometimes it can be dangerous. Through our straight-forward, step-by-step advice and Icebreaker email series, we’ll show parents how to untangle the web and teach children how to make the right decisions online, even when parents aren’t there.
- Our new TV ad – Safety advice from a 10 year old.
- Family agreements – We have created a downloadable family agreements document for families to complete and fill in together.
- Share Aware homepage – Read our step-by-step guide to being Share Aware and our TEAM (Talk, Explore, Manage, Agree) framework on how to stay safe online in four simple steps.
- Teaching resources – Download Share Aware teaching resources for use in the classroom.
- Specialised advice – Advisors at our O2 & NSPCC Online Safety Helpline – 0808 800 5002 – are here to help with any questions, or anyone can make an appointment with a Guru in store.