The Borough initiated the setting up of the Resource at Stationers’ Crown Woods Academy in 2000. Its purpose is to provide specialist support for vision impaired and blind students in a mainstream school.
Students who attend the Resource are provided with support to enable them to access the curriculum alongside their sighted peers and participate as fully as possible in school activities.
What do we do?
- Work closely with subject teachers
- Work is prepared in students’ preferred format
- Specialist in class support
- Specialist equipment
- Individual lessons
- Extra-curricular activities
- Liaise with parents and carers
- Liaise with other agencies
- Touch Typing
We encourage our students to experience different activities to develop confidence and social skills. Some of our activities have included:
- Horse riding
- Theatre trips
- Sporting events