VIRTUAL BOOK FAIR 1st-12th March
Click on the following link to buy a book for yourself or your family and help raise money for new books for the school library.BUY A BOOK NOW!
WORLD BOOK DAY TOKENS
Don’t forget to spend your WBD book token available at the following link£1 BOOK TOKEN
Look out for:
- Teachers reading extracts from their favourite books
(posted daily in Tutor Group Google Classrooms)
- Guess The Teacher Book Character
On Thursday, try to guess which book character your teacher is by asking them questions that they can only answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to.
Compete in SCWA WBD’s ‘A Challenge A Day’
Prizes in every category!
- CHALLENGE 1Dress up yourself and/or as many family members as you can, as characters from a book using only items you have at home and create a freeze frame tableau of a scene from the book. Enter by sending photographic evidence to email@example.com by the end of 5/3/21
- CHALLENGE 2Complete the SCWA Great Family WBD Quiz. Enter by completing the google form by the end of 5/3/21.
- CHALLENGE 3Record yourself reading an extract from your favourite book. No longer than 3 mins. Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of 5/3/21
- CHALLENGE 4Enter the Greenwich WBD Competition to make the most creative response to a book and win an E-Reader and vouchers. Make a model, film or mask; write an alternative ending; bake something…anything is possible. Details posted in GCs. Entries by 26/3/21 to Elizabeth.email@example.com
- CHALLENGE 5
Take part in the Michelle Harrison creative writing workshop and challenge. More details in GCs. Entries by 8/3/21 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why not use the following link to look at recommended book lists for your age group?secondary ks3 and ks4 reading list
Why not watch and listen to authors talking about their books and their work?
Michelle Harrison leads a creative writing workshop and talks about her work. Why not watch and if you want to, enter Challenge 5?
Link available to all in Tutor Group Google Classrooms.
Katherine Rundell talks about her writing. Years 7 and 8 will hear this in lessons but all students can access it via the link in GCs.
Other links to author talks/workshops
- Oak Virtual Academy Library
- World Book Day events streamed and available to catch up
- Books That Make You LOL! 2/3/21 10.30am
- Books and the Real World 5/3/21 10.30am
Watch and author or illustrator masterclass