YEAR 11 EXAMINATION SERIES DATES AND TIMINGS
As we approach the summer examination series, I am writing to you to inform you of some logistical information. Whilst some forms of assessment and moderation are ongoing, the core examination series commences on Monday 16 May 2022 with the GCSE Religious Studies examination in the morning and concludes on Thursday 23 June 2022 with the GCSE Science examination. From Monday 16 May 2022 until Tuesday 14 June 2022, all Year 11 students will be expected to attend the academy during their conventional working hours as a minimum. Staff will be facilitating examination preparation sessions on the morning of examinations from 7.30am and also at the end of the academy day prior to the examination. We will also be offering additional examination and revision sessions during the May half term. I will write to you again shortly with the details of these sessions.
From Tuesday 14 June 2022 there will be some days where some students will be able to leave the site early and continue their revision independently and away from the academy site. Please see below details of these dates:
- Tuesday 14 June 2022 – any student not studying GCSE Media Studies may leave the site after period 4 (1pm)
- Thursday 16 June 2022 – any student not studying GCSE Spanish may leave the site after period 4 (1pm)
- Friday 17 June 2022 – any student not studying GCSE Portuguese may leave the site after period 3 (11.30am)
- Monday 20 June 2022 – any student not studying GCSE Food and Nutrition or GCSE Music may leave site after their morning Science examination (finishing times vary between 10.15am and 11.15am dependant upon the course of study and access arrangements)
- Tuesday 21 June 2022 – any student not studying GCSE Music will not be required to attend the academy. Students studying GCSE Music should arrive for a revision session at 11.30am
- Wednesday 22 June 2022 – all students may leave site after period 3 (11.30am)
Arrangements for the final day (Thursday 23 June 2022)
Following the morning Science examination, students will be directed towards the Ashdown playground where they will be granted an opportunity for the tradition of ‘shirt signing’. Students will then be dismissed from site at approximately 11.30am.
Please note that Thursday 23 June 2022 is the final academy day for any year 11 student who has completed all of their examinations. Whilst we fully appreciate that this day often serves as a milestone in a student’s academic life, we must ensure that high standards of behaviour and expectations remain and that the actions of individuals do not jeopardise the examinations for themselves or other students, therefore, please make reference to the below:
Any students who arrive onsite with any modifications to the academy uniform will not be permitted to sit their examination. In line with JCQ regulations, any student with writing on their body or clothing will not be permitted to sit an examination.
Thank you in advance for your continued support
Mr K Watson