As part of recent changes to provide even better support for your child, we are pleased to announce that we have appointed the following Heads of Year 9 assigned to each small school:
- Ashdown School: Mr J Mitchell
- Delamere School: Mr J Huxley
- Sherwood School: Ms C Blayney
In line with our academy calendar, the newly appointed Heads of Year 9 look forward to welcoming you to the academy on Thursday 26 January for our face-to-face Year 9 Parent/Carer Evening. The evening will run from 4.30pm-7pm and I am delighted to confirm that the booking window for appointments is now open and will close at the end of the day on Wednesday 25 January.
These evenings are key communication events in the academy’s calendar. They award you with the opportunity to receive feedback about your child’s progress, discuss their strengths, areas for development and plan for improvements. This evening will also provide the opportunity for you to be more informed ahead of supporting your child to select their GCSE options in the near future.
To ensure that you are able to secure your preferred appointment slots with your child’s teacher, it is advised that you book as soon as possible. Further guidance can be found below:
- If you are unable to secure a specific appointment, the SchoolCloud system will allow you to place yourself on a waiting list; an appointment will then be booked on your behalf if one becomes available.
- If you are unable to book an appointment with a particular teacher, have any queries, or need to make alternative arrangements you can contact them by email. If you wish to communicate via email please use the format: email@example.com.
- If you are no longer able to attend the evening after booking appointments, please cancel these online or contact us so that we can release these to the waiting list.
Please visit https://scwa.schoolcloud.co.uk/ to book your appointments and login. The login screen has a section which will require you to fill in ‘Your Details’ (as a parent/carer) and a ‘Student Details’ section which relates to your child. You will receive an email confirming the appointments you have made. Please note that we are only able to schedule one appointment for each student per subject, so parents/carers who are the main contact for your child should book appointments.
I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that parents and carers are always welcome to contact their child’s home school at any time during the course of the academic year to ask for feedback on their child if they have concerns or queries.
- Ashdown School – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delamere School – email@example.com
- Sherwood School – firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any questions or concerns then please do not hesitate to contact Ms Dolby by email who will be able to provide support (email@example.com).
Mr S Smith