We expect Arden students to be the best ambassadors for both the sixth form and the Academy and consider the standards of dress to be an important reflection of the culture in Arden Sixth form. The dress code in Arden is ‘professional/smart’.
All outerwear (coats and scarves) need to be removed inside lessons. Lanyards must be worn at all times. All shirts must be tucked in and skirts/shorts must reach the knee.
Please take note of the following items which are categorically banned:
- Crop tops
- Flip-flops/sliders/Ugg boots (or alternative brands) or footwear that looks too similar to trainers
- Hats/caps (in addition to this, any other style of hat must be removed when inside buildings on site)
- Mini skirts/short skirts/skirts with slits etc
- Tops that show shoulders, including see-through tops and strapless tops
- T-shirt dresses
- Outerwear that resembles ‘hoodies’ or athleisure wear is not permitted; outerwear such as jackets and coats must also be ‘smart’
- Large logos/slogans and sports brands eg Nike, Adidas etc
- Sportswear/athleisure eg tracksuits, trainers, hats etc
- Polo shirts
- No mobile phones or headphones to be used or seen on site (with the exception of the use of mobile phones for learning at the teacher’s discretion in class)
There is not a prescriptive list and final decisions on what constitutes adherence to the code will reside with the Arden leadership team.
Students who fail to follow the dress code will be asked to go home and change and will consequently lose valuable learning time.