We expect Arden students to be the best ambassadors for both the sixth form and the Academy and consider the standards of dress to be an important reflection of the culture in Arden Sixth form. The dress code in Arden is ‘smart’.
All outerwear (e.g coats and scarves) needs to be removed inside lessons. The exception is at teacher discretion. Lanyards must be worn at all times.
Please take note that the following items are categorically banned and cannot be worn at any time whilst on the premises. If you are wearing these items, you will be sent home to change.
- Crop tops
- Flip-flops / sliders
- Caps (in addition to this, any other style of hat must be removed when inside buildings on site)
- Large logos / slogans
- See through tops
- Strapless tops
- T-shirt dresses
- Sportswear/ athleisure e.g tracksuits, trainers, hats etc.
- Sports brands e.g Nike, Adidas etc.
- Outerwear such as jackets and coats must also be ‘smart’. Outerwear that resembles ‘hoodies’ or athleisure wear is not permitted.
- Short skirts / shorts with bare legs
- No Mobile Phones or Headphones to be used or seen on site (with the exception of the use of Mobile Phones for learning at the teachers discretion in class)
There is not a prescriptive list and final decisions on what constitutes adherence to the code will reside with the Arden leadership team. Students who fail to follow the dress code will be asked to go home and change and will consequently lose valuable learning time.
No. Every student should be wearing a shirt when wearing trousers.
If you can wear the clothes to an office interview, then we can consider you smartly dressed. This is the question we will be asking you too.
If we can see a lot of leg it is inappropriate. If you wear a skirt, you must wear leggings or thick tights.