The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of certain pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
The funding can be used to provide:
- free school meals;
- finance support towards school trips and curriculum/term time residential trips relating to the curriculum;
- finance support for extracurricular school clubs; and
- other expenses judged by the school to maximise pupil achievement.
If your family is in receipt of any of the following benefits then your child may be eligible for pupil premium:
- Income Support
- Income based Employment and Support Allowance
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (conditions apply)
- Universal Credit (conditions apply)
- Support Under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
If you think that your child may be eligible to receive pupil premium and free school meals please make a free school meals application via the Greenwich Council website.
Stationers’ Crown Woods Academy